Vignola station is the railway station that serves the municipality of the same name. It is the terminus of the Casalecchio-Vignola railway, managed by the Emilia Romagna Railways.
It was activated at the same time as the line, on October 28, 1938.
After the abolition of passenger transport on the line in 1967, followed by the end of freight transport in 1995, the station was reactivated on 19 September 2004.
The passenger service comprises trains on the S2A line (Bologna Centrale – Vignola) of the Bologna metropolitan railway service, with an hourly frequency with half-hourly reinforcements during peak hours.
TPER operates the trains as part of the service contract stipulated with the Emilia-Romagna region.